Friday, August 26, 2011

Agro Rebel

Mr. H from Subsistence Pattern recently posted another great article and introduced many of his readers to the Austrian farmer Sepp Holzer. Mr. H says it better than I can so hop on over there to see how intensive gardening in accomplished on a mountainside. At minimum watch the 43 minute video that highlights this Austrian garden paradise.

All I can saw is "WOW."

And while you are visiting Subsistence Pattern, look at the fantastic garden Mr. H and his wife have. They eat produce from their garden 365 days a year.  AND, they live in snow country.  It takes a lot of effort to be successful at feeding your family off your land. Mr. and Mrs. H do it well.

In many areas it's not too late to plant your fall and winter gardens.

1 comment:

Mr. H. said...

I'm very happy to here that you enjoyed the video and hope you get a chance to read his books, they are very interesting...especially all of the issues he faces in regards to local governemnt bureaucracy in that country.