On the way back from picking up K from the Horsemanship Camp we stopped by a vegetable/fruit stand and picked up some super sweet yellow and white corn. We like to eat our corn on the cob raw. It was so good I wish I had bought more. Too bad that stand is 6 hours away.
So, what to do with the corn besides eating it raw. I spied an avocado on the counter and shazam...this salad was born.
Ingredients
:
2 ears fresh super sweet corn
1 avocado, cut into bite size chunks
1/3 of a large sweet onion, chopped
1 14.5 oz can of black beans, drained and rinsed
1 head of Romaine lettuce heart, cut into bite size pieces (Costco sells them 5 in a package)
2 limes, juiced
salt to taste
Cut the kernels off the corn and put them into a bowl. Throw the onions, beans, lettuce, salt and lime juice in with the corn and toss. Add avocado and gently toss. You don't want to mash the avocado. This makes enough for 3-4 people but there are no leftovers or second helpings. Actually, I could have eaten half the bowl myself. Enjoy!
The sweetness of the corn and the tartness of the lime was perfect.
[Updated - forgot to mention the black beans.]
No comments:
Post a Comment