Yesterday I wrote about making cucumber Kim Chi.
It just keeps getting better and better. I find myself eating a couple of bites of it throughout the day. Healthy snacking.
This morning I scooped some out and put it over a bed of spinach and onions and topped it with a fried/steamed egg (I put the lid on the frying pan to cook the egg.) Eating the Kim Chi this way cut down on the hotness and made everything even more tasty.
Unfortunately I'm the only one who will eat the Kim Chi. When T tasted it yesterday she exclaimed,
"Oh, Mommm! (As in get the fire extinguisher to douse the heat in her mouth.)
"This is too hot. Dad will have to try this."
And BTW, if you've never tried a fried egg on a bed of salad you are missing out on something delicious. You might not ever want eggs and toast again. My daughters and I have this almost every morning now...it is that good. I put a tad bit of dressing on my salad, others don't. And is this ever filling. I first read about this on Mr. H.'s Subsistence Pattern blog . He posted a beautiful picture of one of the salad they eat with an egg on top but I can't find that particular post to link you to. So I guess you'll just have to go enjoy his blog and find it yourself!
No comments:
Post a Comment