Sunday, January 23, 2011

80th Birthday Party

We were invited to a birthday party on Saturday for the mom of a great friend of mine, R.  R's mom turned 80 on Wednesday and she had an open house for friends and family.  Granny's friends from the senior citizens center came out to participate in the celebration. We had a FABULOUS time. R and E are so very gracious in every thing they do.  Their love for the Lord permeates from them.

T, H and K had lots of time to catch up with R and E's girls, C, S and L, and S and B's girls, M and K. They also got to meet new friends.  It's funny how when you haven't seen children in awhile you expect them to look like they did the last time you saw them.  Oh my, was I in for a surprise. Baby D isn't a baby anymore.  The kids enjoyed themselves by playing  hide and seek, telephone, watching a video, chatting and eating. 

Some of the kids!
Likewise for the parents. (I didn't get any pictures of the adults group picture.  If anyone has one that they wouldn't mind sharing please send it.)  I finally got to meet T whom I had only known through emails and lost contact with her a year or so ago. T's sisters E and C were also there as well as their parents. By the end of the night I felt like I had known T for many years. I've got lots to learn about making essential oils and salves.

Friends from Awanas were there:  S and B, M and M.  It was great to see you. We sometimes run into each other in town but everyone's always in a rush to get wherever it is they are going.

The food was great.  R made two large pots of soup and had bread bowls to go with it.  There was a  green salad, a couple of potato salads, pickles, vegetable sticks, chips and salsa and several other dishes.  Desserts were plentiful and delish also.  And the punch...really...it's not a party without punch with ice cream in it.

It was a great time for all. Thanks for inviting us.

No comments: