Well, why not. Berog is an Armenian dish that is like a turnover or empanada stuffed with a meat mixture or cheese and fried. I first tried them when my mother-in-law made them. I'm been making them ever since. Thanks for the recipe C. They are quite time consuming to make and that's why we don't have them very often. Usually on special occasions and DH was home so that was occasion enough. H and K did all the rolling out of the dough. I made a vegetarian version also with spinach, mushrooms, onions and cheese for T. When you are making them the rolling of the dough and filling them never seems to end. When the batch is doubled there is berog sitting everywhere on the counter. They are delicious cold and convenient snack sizes. By the next day there are a l l g o n e. Every single one eaten. Which is good...I guess...unless you haven't eaten your fill of them.
My friend N sent me this You Tube video on how to make Armenian coffee. The coffee I had been making using an automated drip machine was never strong enough and often times was bitter or burnt tasting. Since this town is limited somewhat in its selection of coffee I use whatever is on sale at the grocery store (have you noticed the price of coffee lately...ouch) and grind it fine at home. I also use powdered sugar. Making coffee this way gives it an almost chocolate like taste. DH asks every once in awhile if I added chocolate to it. The coffee is strong, smooth and not bitter at all. When DH gets up in the morning he'll ask, "Is the cowboy coffee ready?" It takes more time to make because you want it to heat up slowly and not come to a boil. It's worth it!
No baby goat kids yet. I cleaned out the shed and put clean straw down. All the old straw went into the garden.
These pictures are from 2 years ago but wanted to remember them.
| Frosty the Snowman |
| In our front yard. I'm choreographing the shot from the covered porch. |
| Driveway, what driveway? |
| Awe.... |
That year we had snow from Thanksgiving until New Years and it didn't melt. Most of the time the snow doesn't last more than 2 days.
No comments:
Post a Comment