Sunday, January 9, 2011

What were you doing Friday night?

As I'm looking through a seed catalog I notice Arnie is growling and ansy.

I open the slider and walk onto the balcony.  Hmmm.  Angry horse noises.  Thundering horse hooves.

"Girls...I think something is bothering the horses.  Get out there and see."  (Don't worry I didn't send them out there by themselves.)

"No, mom, I'm scared."

"I don't have a gun." says one daughter.

"Don't worry I got this." says youngest daughter. "This" was the pole part of a broken mop or shovel...basically a long stick.

"Get the flashlights" says the Mom.

So we ALL walk out back. I'm in my PJs and housecoat and fluffy houseslippers. They get to the ditch and come running back.  "Craig's horses are out."

"Get to the house" says I.

So I call our neighbors at 9:30 PM.  "Two of your horses are out and are at our corral."

"How do you know they are ours?  What do they look like?" says the wife of the owner.

"They are brown and one has a white star on its forehead." says I.

Roundup completed by 9:50 PM.

Arnie's back to his snoozing low key self.  All is well.

So how is your Friday night going?

No comments: