Thursday, February 3, 2011

Deep freeze

So...how cold was it where you live last night?

Last night about 9:30 it was 14 degrees F where we live. Because it was that cold I put the chickens in the shed with the goats.  The shed also has a heat lamp in it. With more warm bodies in the shed the less likely we'd wake up to frozen chickens. Happy to report there were no frozen chickens this morning.

I got up in the middle of the night and put a second pair of PJ bottoms on and a flannel shirt on (4th layer of tops).  The kids were all cozy warm in their beds. Arnie, the pug was snoring in the same spot when I climbed back in bed.

The official zip code weather temperature is reporting it is 20 degrees F now.  It's colder here because we higher in elevation.

H made the fire in the fireplace this morning.  It'll be going all day I'm sure.

Keep warm!

No comments: