Sunday, February 20, 2011

Who ordered the flakes?!

Snowflakes that is.


We woke up to this. The pictures are all white because it was a white out. We couldn't even see the mountains in the background.

Snow in the backyard.
 

Snow in the front yard.




So I asked the crew what they wanted for breakfast: Dutch Babies, crepes or waffles.

Dutch Babies won.  I got the recipe from a Sunset Magazine several years ago.  The page is all stained and dogeared from the constant use that particular issue gets around here.  If you have a lot of eggs to use this is a recipe for you.  I triple the recipe for 4 people and quadruple it for 5.  So, for 4 people the recipe will use 9 eggs; a dozen eggs if your quadruple the recipe.  Here's the link to Sunset Magazine recipe online.  It's called Baked Sunday Pancake with Raspberry Sauce. I made a sauce for it once.  Just cooked a bag of frozen mixed berries from Costco, added some agave syrup and a little tapioca flour and that was my sauce.  All the other (many) times we eat it with jam and then sprinkled (or dump) powdered sugar on top.  I like this recipe be cause everyone can eat at the same time.  The last few times I've made this I cooked it in individual ramkin cups.


Ready to go into the oven
 

I put the cups in a larger pan and then pour boiling water in the larger pan.  The ramkins are now sitting in a pan of boiling water. Although the recipe calls it a " pancake"  it is more like a custard to me.

Just out of the oven.





Jam and powdered sugar.


Enjoy!

No comments: